How do I get better at chess?
Stick with us. Chess.com has the most powerful set of chess-improvement tools on the web!
No matter what your current level or learning style is, there's something for everyone:
1) Chess Mentor includes dozens of courses for all levels; it's the next best thing to having a grandmaster quiz you, patiently commenting on your every move (right AND wrong)!
2) Tactics Trainer serves up thousands of tricky chess positions, sharpening your ability to find the best move!
3) Computer Workout sets up critical positions and then pits you against a computer to see if you can hold on - a fantastic way to hone vital techniques.
3) Video Lessons let you sit back and absorb the insights of top players on a massive range of chess topics
4) Daily Columns give you a regular dose of surprisingly interactive chess wisdom from our Master and Grandmaster contributors
5) The Daily Puzzle will start your morning off right - with a test of your tactical vision! Watch out, they get harder as the week goes on!
6) Real-life chess coaches can be found in our directory!
7) Our Online Chess Store has a huge selection of instructive books and software for you to browse.
8) Play! :)
Please note that the tools above include a mix of free and premium features.
See our Memberships Page to find a package to suit your goals.
keywords: learn learning mentor training better improve improvement train training
Does this answer your question?
Frequently Asked Questions: General Questions