How do I find (or become) a chess coach?
If you are looking for a chess coach, you can browse & find one on our Coach Directory!
We have coaches who offer instruction to all skill levels. Many offer online coaching right here - using the Analysis Boards in our Live Chess interface. It's a fantastic virtual classroom for chess instruction!
Alternatively, if you are a coach looking for new students, you can set up a coaching profile from the directory as well! If you want to offer online coaching here at Chess.com, you can even set up a simple online store for your services - and it only takes a few minutes!
To become a coach you first need to have a verified account/identity with chess.com, and there are a few ways to do this. You can:
- Send a copy of your identification (driver’s license/passport) to chess.com, OR
- If you’re a titled player, go through the normal Title Verification process, OR
- Become a premium member by upgrading your membership and putting your real name and credit card information on file. (The most secure, lasting way to verify your account.)
Next, coaches *must have an established rating from FIDE or a nationally recognized chess federation* (all ratings will be verified by Chess.com).
- All coaches must have a clear, legible "About Me" section on their profile page.
- All coaches must use a relevant, friendly avatar.
- All coaches must have a record of being an upstanding, helpful member within our community.
Once you meet all the above requirements, you’ll only need to fill out a form to submit your application.
To fill out the form, plus to see all the details on how to become a coach, please see this article on the main site.