What Chat Commands can I Use in Game Chat?
There is a large variety of commands you can use in the console and/or in game chat! To see a list of all of them, type /help in the console.
Here are all the commands listed below!
List of general commands:
- /follow Follows a member's games / prints a list of followed members. Example: /follow Bishop or /follow
- /unfollow Stops following a member / stops following all. Example: /unfollow Bishop or /unfollow
- /friend Sends a friend request. Example: /friend Bishop
- /observe Observes ongoing member's games. Example: /observe Bishop
- /top Observes top games of the type bullet, blitz, standard or friend. Example: /top friend, /top blitz
- /play /challenge Challenges a member with specified clock settings. Example: /play Bishop 2 12 - if you want the game to be unrated, add ‘u’ at the end. Example: /play Bishop 2 12 u
- /partner /+partner Request bughouse partnership. Example: /partner Bishop
- /nopartner /-partner Leave bughouse partnership. Example: /nopartner
- /abort Aborts the current game
- /ping Checks your lag or a member's lag. When in a game, it checks both players' lag. Example: /ping or /ping Bishop
There are also some keyboard and mouse shortcuts, not listed there, which you can use in game:
- Press X to flip board.
- Press Z to go into focus mode.
- Press Arrow Right to go to next move on board.
- Press Arrow Left to go to the previous move on board.
- Press Arrow Up to go to the first move on board.
- Press Arrow Down to go to the last move on the board.
- Press ctrl/shift + Right Click on a square to highlight green.
- Press alt + Right Click on a square to highlight blue.
- Right Click on a square to highlight red.
- Hold Right Click from one square to another to draw arrow on board.
- Hold alt key to temporarily disable auto-queen.
If the information in this article is out of date, incorrect, or unclear, please let us know!