I'm having issues on my Mobile App, what can I do?
Many issues, even problems logging in, can be resolved with a fresh install of the app.
Sometimes corruptions can occur, or updates don't install properly, and the resolution can be to simply delete and reinstall the app. We recommend you try this first, whenever you have problems with the app! Here's how:
Before reinstalling, please make sure you have the newest possible version of the Android OS that your device can use. Here are the instructions for how to check on/update your OS.
Once you've made sure your OS is up to date, please perform the following steps:
- Enter your Android device’s Settings.
- Navigate to Apps in settings.
- Locate and select the Chess.com app.
- Tap on 'Storage and Cache' and select ‘Clear storage’ and 'Clear cache', this is also sometimes called 'Clear app data'. (This step is important but often overlooked, so please don’t skip it! ;))
- Uninstall the app.
- Power your device off, then on.
- Finally, re-install the app from the Google Play store
Note: Before you reinstall on iOS, please check your iOS version. If you have any iOS version lower than iOS 11, you will be unable to reinstall on any version below iOS 11.
If you have verified you have a current version of iOS, please follow these steps:
- Press your finger on the application until it begins to "wiggle."
- Tap on the x in the top right of the app. This will uninstall the app.
- Reinstall from the app store.