How do I connect my USCF ID to my Chess.com account?
US Chess Federation members can use their member ID to play US Chess rated chess on Chess.com.
Here’s how to connect your USCF account to your Chess.com account!
- Request to join the US Chess club. Click here to go to the club, then click the ‘join’ button.
- Then you will need to link your Chess.com username to your US Chess profile. On the US Chess site you will log into your account/profile and add your username: https://new.uschess.org/news/it-factor-part-3-managing-your-preferences
- Log in to your US Chess account, choose Update Profile and under Online Chess Partners, choose chess.com under 'site' and enter your Chess.com username
and then hit Submit at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the Chess.com Authentication Form to link it on the Chess.com side, Find the Authentication Form on the following page and Submit: https://www.chess.com/article/view/us-chess-online
- Once you have both clicked ‘join’ and filled out and submitted the authentication form, it may be 7-10 days before your request is approved.
Once you are approved, you will be able to join the official Live tournaments held on Chess.com! You can find the tournaments by going to chess.com/live, and clicking on the tournament tab.