How do I get better at chess?
Chess.com has the most powerful set of chess-improvement tools on the web!
No matter what your current level or learning style is, there's something for everyone:
1) Chess.com Lessons include dozens of courses for all levels; it's the next best thing to having a grandmaster quiz you, patiently commenting on your every move (right AND wrong)!
2) Puzzles serves up over 500,000 tricky chess positions, sharpening your ability to find the best move!
3) Practice set up critical positions and then pits you against a computer to see if you can hold on, practice endgames, or learn from master games! A fantastic way to hone vital techniques.
4) Videos let you sit back and absorb the insights of top players on a massive range of chess topics
5) Articles give you a regular dose of surprisingly interactive chess wisdom from our Master and Grandmaster contributors
6) The Daily Puzzle will start your morning off right - with a test of your tactical vision! Watch out, they get harder as the week goes on! Includes video explanations!
7) Real-life chess coaches can be found in our directory!
8) Play against the computer! Test new concepts and new openings against a variety of computer personalities with a wide range of skills! Try one of the adaptive personalities, and see how their strength will adjust depending on how far ahead or behind you are. A great way to learn!
8) Play against a random human opponent! Playing real people at your own level is arguably the best way to improve! You'll never truly gain skills without using them! Also, it's fun!
Please note that the tools above include a mix of free and premium features.
See our Membership Page to find a package to suit your goals.
If the information in this article is out of date or incorrect, or if you have questions about it, please let us know!