How do I report someone? (Android)
Chess.com is full of wonderful people, but like any place on the internet there are sometimes bad apples.
If you encounter anyone doing any of the following:
- Anything lewd, sexually inappropriate, or pornographic - this includes text, images, links, etc
- Anything offensive, threatening, or intentionally discriminatory to any race, gender, sexual orientation, etc
- Anything slanderous, threatening, or malicious toward any user
- Anything "spam" (links to commercial websites where not approved, etc)
- Cheating, stalling in games, quitting games, or sandbagging.
Please report the individual! There are two ways to report someone.
Tap on the member's avatar to get to their profile, then tap on the 'options' icon in the bottom left:
This will open a new window where you can choose to report the member:
Tap 'report' then select from the dropdown in the next menu the option that best describes the reason you are reporting the person:
Be sure to write a brief description of what happened in the text box.
When you are ready, tap the report button, and the report will be sent to the Chess.com support team.
When the user gets enough reports of this kind, their account will be flagged for review, and may be closed or suspended.
If the person is bothering you personally, be sure to also block them so that they will no longer be able to chat to you or challenge you to games. You can block them by selecting 'block' from the same menu where the report option was.
If the person you are reporting is being aggressive, threatening violence, or any other behavior that requires an urgent response, email the support team directly and it will be looked into within 24 hours.
Be sure to include the offender's username in your message.