How does membership renewal work?
If you paid by credit-card or PayPal, our monthly and annual subscriptions renew automatically: If you are enjoying your benefits there is nothing you need to do.
However, if you wish to cancel auto-renewal at any time, you can easily do so from your account page:
in the next menu, scroll to the bottom and click 'Downgrade my Account'
Your membership will still be active. This will only cancel the auto renewal. Once your membership ends, you'll have to resubscribe, or continue with a Basic account.
PayPal and Apple users, please note that you must also cancel the renewal from within your PayPal or Apple account. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Settings gear in the top right of the page.
- Select Payments, then Manage automatic payments
- In the automatic payments section, find and click on Chess.com
- Click Cancel.
- Click Cancel automatic payments to confirm your request.
- Click here to go to your subscriptions page
- Then click 'manage subscriptions' and remove the Chess.com subscription.
If you need assistance, please contact us - we are happy to assist!
View our subscriber agreement
keywords: account member membership cancel subscription renewal auto-renewal credit card paypal terminate renew quit