How does membership renewal work?
If you paid by credit-card or PayPal, our monthly and annual subscriptions renew automatically. If you are enjoying your benefits there is nothing you need to do.
However, if you wish to cancel auto-renewal at any time, you can easily do so from your account page:
in the next menu, scroll to the bottom and click 'Downgrade my Account'
Your membership will still be active. This will only cancel the auto renewal. Once your membership ends, you'll have to resubscribe, or continue with a Basic account.
Please note that you must also cancel the renewal from within your PayPal or Apple account. Here are the steps:
- Click here to go to your subscriptions page
- Then click 'manage subscriptions' and remove the Chess.com subscription.
If you are subscribed through Google you will also have the option of cancelling through your Google account. Please see these steps:
- Go to play.google.com.
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- At the left, click My subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Click Manage
- Cancel Subscription.
- Within the confirmation pop-up, click Yes.
If you have already been charged and are wondering about a refund, please see here.
If the information in this article is out of date, incorrect, or unclear, please let us know!